Dear QtWebKit community,
we proudly announce Q-BAT VM, the QtWebKit Builder and Tester Virtual Machine. It is a lightweight virtual machine to help your QtWebKit development. With this VM you can test your patches and you can be sure that you will get the same layout test results as if you ran them on the official Qt buildbot.
What will you get in a nutshell?
- a VMWare virtual machine (2 CPU, 1Gb RAM, 4Gb + 10Gb HDD)
- Debian Lenny 5.0.6 (ver. 2010-10-25 and 2011-01-26)
- Debian Squueze 6.0.1 (ver. 2011-05-12)
- Qt 4.6.3 with Qt Mobility API 1.0.2 (ver. 2010-10-25 and 2011-01-26)
- Qt 4.7.0 with Qt Mobility API 1.0.2 (ver. 2010-10-25 and 2011-01-26)
- Qt 4.7.1 with Qt Mobility API 1.1.0 (ver. 2011-01-26)
- Qt 4.7.3 with Qt Mobility API 1.2.0-beta1 (ver. 2011-05-12)
- same environment as the official QtWebKit buildbot and the QtWebKit EWS
What do you need?
- VMWare Player (or Server) 2.0 or newer version
- VMware Player is free for personal non-commercial use
- VMware Server is freeware
- Add Virtual Machine Disk files (File / Virtual Media Manager)
- Create new virtual machine
- Add vmdk files to the new virtual machine
- Virtual Machine.vmdk - IDE primary master
- Virtual Machine_2.vmdk - IDE primary slave
Known issues in Q-BAT VM ver. 2010-10-25 (fixed in ver. 2011-01-26)
- owner of /storage is root - first time run "chown -R webkit:webkit /storage" as root
Ideas and feedback about how we can make it better are always welcome.